Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Gift Idea for Godchildren: Prayer Journals

My oldest goddaughter is now in her 20s' and I couldn't be prouder of her! Recently, my husband and I became godparents again, this time of a 10-year-old girl and an 7-year-old boy. We were so thrilled to be godparents again, and naturally, I immediately began to think about a meaningful gift that I could present them with. 

I decide on a bracelet engraved with the Lord's Prayer for our goddaughter, and a flashlight engraved with "Jesus is my light" for our godson. But I also wanted to give them something handmade from the heart, so I came up with the idea of making a prayer journal for them. 


I first bought small well-made notebooks and put their initials on the cover. 

Then, I wrote different prayer prompts on the pages, and explained that they could either draw or write their prayer. 

Dear God, I feel . . . 

Dear God, This is my favourite story about you  . . . 

I also left some blank pages for their own imagination. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment