Thursday, October 10, 2013

Godly Play After-School Clubs

I recently gave a my blog a small make-over by adjusting the template widths so that I my pictures can be larger without bleeding into the side bar. When I first started this blog, I couldn't read any HTML and was fairly clueless about any of the technical things. It's been a fun journey discovering little by little the mechanics behind blogging.

You may have noticed that I also redid the header buttons to make it easier to find things. (Archiving is really important after you have been blogging a while, so that people can locate what you've written about.) If you click on the "After-School Clubs" button, you can find links to all of the Advent, Easter, and theme-based Godly Play clubs that we have put together since 2010. 



Maybe you will find some fresh inspiration here! 


5 comments:

  1. Love the header buttons, it is something that I have been interested in doing with my blog, to make my older posts more accessible. Is there a certain gadget that you used to add these buttons? I would love to figure out how to make buttons like these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi April, It took me a long time to figure how to add the buttons as well. In your toolbox where you have Overview, Posts, etc., there should be a link called "Pages". This feature allows you to add stand-alone pages that automatically appear under your header, depending on which Blogger Template you use. My "buttons" are actually these stand-alone pages that are written like a normal post, but always appear in this one spot.

    A problem surfaced with my particular template where I had too much text in the buttons and the last ones would not show up on the blog. Then, I went into my template and adjusted the width of entire blog. This solved the problem.

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip, I will have to give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good, I really need to improve my blog too, not good with stuff like that. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice! Just minutes ago I had to edit one of my own blog entries because I'd uploaded a photo and forgotten to resize it. Yep, it "bled" into the side bar!

    ReplyDelete