Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sketchy Sunday

We're joining the Artsy Ants for Sketchy Sunday again! They took a break for a few weeks, but I am very glad that they are back with the weekly art challenge.

Last week's theme was "Work". Being a Montessorian, I immediately thought of the "work" that kids do in a Montessori classroom. Here is a sketch of a little hand working with the wooden cylinders. I also needed practice drawing hands, so this was a nice exercise. (Unfortunately, you can see part of a drawing on the next page - sorry for the oval shape near the hand!)


It's hasn't been a great week for sketching, but I did manage this sketch of a woman . . . 


and a butterfly oil and pastel resist, which is an idea for a children's project on repeating designs . . . 


which led to this idea for the first acrylic painting that I have done in a long, long time. I'll keep you posted on its progress.


And last, but certainly not least, my son has been working all weekend on his own comic book. He's already made at least ten pages, and I am amazed at his ability to finish projects. At his age (9), I had lots of ideas, but lacked the ability to focus long enough to complete them.





No comments:

Post a Comment