Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sketchy Sunday

As some of you may remember, my one New Year's resolution this year was to sketch for at least 10 minutes each day. Well, I can't say that I get to it everyday, but the result is that I sketch A LOT more than I used to! 

We're joining the Artsy Ants again for Sketchy Sunday. Being a part of their link party gives me a lot of motivation and some accountability as well to make time for drawing. And my children like to join in as well.


Last week, the theme was "Telephone". 


Here is my nine-year-old son's contribution:



And mine:



My 7-year-old daughter is still taken by the theme two weeks ago, "Kitchen", and drew this:





This week's theme is "Walking".


My son's work:



And here's mine. I was interested in the idea of a Victorian lady walking and came across a picture that produced this sketch:




I've also been spending a great deal of time at Art Graphica and letting myself be inspired by their on-line tutorials and classic art books. They inspired these two works:


A more realistic sketch in graphite . . . 




and an oil pastel still life . . . 


Next week's theme at the Ants is "Pet". They'd love to have more people join in!

6 comments:

  1. You and your kids are all very talented!
    I always enjoy seeing what you've sketched.
    Good job also with the still life, my favorite details are the leaves on the right lemon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your whole family is drawing such lovely sketches. this week i am especially fond of your daughter's kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them all. My favorite this week is your daughter's kitchen. LOVE the composition, coloring, choice of different drawing mediums and line widths, depths and colors chosen. Very very cool. Also love your son's focus on just the legs. Original (:

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheila, your new year resolution has challenged me! I love seeing all of your guys sketches. This time my favourites are Kitchen and Fruit! The latter reminded me of Valentin Serov's Girl With The Peaches, for some reason))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, das sind toll Zeichnungen! Die edle Dame sieht richtig super aus!
    Sonnige Grüße!

    ReplyDelete